Monday, February 5, 2018

Mini Review: Blood Visions by L.J. Hamlin

Blood Visions by L.J. Hamlin

Review by Lauren

source: copy from Netgalley; all opinions are my own

Official Summary (add on Goodreads): Private detective Ronan Bayne is a former cop who now runs his own agency specializing in all things paranormal. After several women go missing, and the cops and FBi are equally frustrated and at a loss, Ronan is called in to see if he can find answers they can’t.

After waking up from a terrible vision of a girl, darkness, and blood, Dustin tries to go to the police but to no avail. But on a visit to the crime scene, he crosses paths with Ronan. 

Reluctantly, the two men join forces to locate the missing, but both the case and the partnership prove to be more complicated than either man expects…

Review: I thought the mystery in this one was interesting, and I like the powers that Dustin has which allows him to help solve said mystery. I gave this one 3 stars on Goodreads, because I did enjoy it overall. However, it wasn’t my most favorite and I felt that the guy’s names were used over and over, if that makes sense.

3 comments:

Kit @ Metaphors and Moonlight said...

Glad you enjoyed this one even though you had issues. 3 star reads can be hard to review. I think I know what you mean about the names being used too much cuz I notice that's a problem in my own writing lol.

Verushka said...

That TOTALLY makes sense! I once edited something that used the word "baby" more than 10 times in one page as a term of endearment. And it was done to varying degrees just like that through the book. Drove me NUTS! This sounds like an enjoyable read despite that and it's flaws!

Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity said...

I totally know what you mean about the names! In real life, people hardly ever use names when talking to each other. I feel like the only time people really use my name is when they want my attention, or maybe when they first say hello to me, haha.

I'm glad you liked this one overall! It does sound interesting, and I like the sound of a paranormal investigation story. Reminds me a little bit of Angel (the TV show) :)