Friday, November 10, 2017

Lace-Covered Compromise by Silvia Violet


Lace- Covered Compromise by Silvia Violet

Review by Lauren

Source: copy from Netgalley; all opinions are my own

Official Summary (add on Goodreads): Adam Kingston expects to inherit his father’s multinational conglomerate. When he finds out half of it went to Nate Thomas—an annoying man whose dreams for Kingston Corp.’s future clash with Adam’s need to stave off financial disaster—Adam is furious. He’s willing to do whatever it takes to wrest control of Kingston Corp. from Nate.

Nate may be soft-spoken, but he refuses to be swayed by Adam’s arrogant demands. When Nate accidentally drops a pair of his lacy panties in front of Adam, there’s no mistaking Adam’s interest. Nate hadn’t realized Adam was bisexual, but now that his secret is out, Nate is willing to use Adam’s lust against him if it means protecting the welfare of the company he loves.

For Adam and Nate, hatred and desire are closely linked. Their inability to compromise threatens the company and could expose their tightly held secrets. But as they work together to develop a plan to save Kingston Corp., they begin to realize there might be more to their relationship than anger and lust.

Review: This was a really quick read for me, and I did enjoy it, but I thought I’d do a quick Pro and Con list for you today! Basically, I’d definitely read something else by this author!

Pros:

-I love romances with enemy to lover
-I think they handled Nate’s kink well.  They really showed that different things make people feel good, and that there are people out that there that will be attracted to that. I liked the back-story of how Nate started to change how he dressed.
-I appreciated that Adam was bisexual and it didn’t end with him saying he was gay all along or anything like that. He’s still bisexual.
-I think the business side of the book was handled well, at least in terms of how everything in Kingston Corp. is settled.

Cons:

-Adam has anxiety and panic attacks, and I wish this was developed or shown more since it’s one big reason that he’s wary about ever being in an actual relationship.
-Adam and Nate don't always communicate well, unless they are arguing and basically not compromising. It gets a bit better as the book goes on, but more growth would have been nice.
-Also, this book is only in Adam’s point of view and having both might have helped!

4 comments:

Verushka said...

I like the pro/cons list! The inclusion of anxiety is a big plus for me, but I wish the author had tackled it properly. I think it could've added so much to the story.

Lola said...

I am not a fan of enemies to lovers books usually, but besides that it does sound interesting. Too bad that the anxiety isn't developed as much and they don't communicate as well well.

Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity said...

Enemies to lovers is one of my top fave romance tropes! Along with best friends to lovers :D

I'm so glad that Adams bisexuality was never erased in this book. Bi erasure is all too real and prominent and we definitely don't need more books out there which contribute to it!

It's a shame that Adam's panic attacks and anxiety weren't as explored or fleshed out as they could have been. Especially if they were playing a role in how he was viewing relationships.

I'm surprised that this is only told from Adam's perspective! The blurb definitely makes it sound like it's told with dual narrators.

I'm glad you liked this one, Lauren!

Kit @ Metaphors and Moonlight said...

This sounds like a fun book, I like enemies to lovers too. And honestly I like when characters have kinks (other than the typical bdsm stuff that's in like every book now) since people in real life have kinks and shouldn't feel ashamed! That's too bad about the few dislikes, but sounds like you enjoyed it overall :-)