Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Look Both Ways



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine 

Look Both Ways by Alison Cherry

Out: June 14th, 2016

Add on Goodreads Now!

Official Summary: A summer away from the city is the beginning of everything for Brooklyn Shepard. Her theater apprenticeship at Allerdale is a chance to prove that she can carve out a niche all her own, surrounded by people who don't know anything about her and her family of superstar performers.

Brooklyn immediately hits it off with her roommate, Zoe, and soon their friendship turns into something more. Brooklyn wants to see herself as someone who's open to everything and everyone, but as her feelings for Zoe intensify, so do her doubts. She's happier than she's ever been—but is it because of her new relationship? Or is it because she's finally discovering who she wants to be?


Why I Want to Read: First off, I think it's cool that Brooklyn is taking part in a theater apprenticeship because I love theater! I wish it was something I was good at, but alas...Beyond that, I think this sounds like a really good story of growing up and finding yourself. I hope that Brooklyn and Zoe have a good relationship; I'm curious to find out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I were to read YA (which I seldome do anymore), I prefer coming of age stories over romance and fantasy. I hope this one meets your expectations

Rebecca said...

I added this to my TBR last week and it sounds great. The fact that the cover is cute doesn't hurt either :) Great WOW pick!