Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Knit Tight by Annabeth Albert


Knit Tight by Annabeth Albert

Review by Lauren

Source: copy from Netgalley; all opinions are my own

Official SummaryOne of Portland's hottest young baristas, Brady is famous for his java-topping flair, turning a regular cup of joe into a work of art. Every Wednesday—aka “Knit Night”—hordes of women and their needles descend on the coffeehouse, and Brady's feeling the heat. Into the fray walks a tall, dark, and distractingly handsome stranger from New York. His name is Evren, and he's the sexy nephew of Brady's sweetest customer, the owner of the yarn shop down the street. He's also got a killer smile, confident air, and masculine charm that's tying Brady's stomach in knots. The smitten barista can't wait to see him at the next week's gathering. But when he tries to ask Evren out, his plans unravel faster than an unfinished edge. If Brady hopes to warm up more than Evren's coffee, he'll have to find a way to untangle their feelings, get out of the friend zone, and form a close-knit bond that's bound to last a lifetime…

Review: Knit Tight is the latest in the Portland Heat series. While I've seen these books around, I've never read any of them until now. However, after reading and loving Knit Tight, I know I need to go back and check out more novels by Albert. One of the things that really captured me about this book are the characters of Evren and Brady. These two have their issues, mainly concerning taking care of family, but they don't let that stop them from trying to build a friendship. Of course, that friendship does lead to more.

I don't mind sex in books, but I also like when the couple in love are shown to connect on other levels. I want to get to know both parts of this couple. Albert does this extremely well. I really felt like I knew Evren and Brady and I felt for them whenever they went through something painful. I loved that they could be there for each other. Evren is in town helping his aunt with cancer, but Brady is trying to make a living to support his younger siblings, since their parents have passed. There are some heavy topics and moments in this book, but there are also plenty of light, sweet ones too. It's a beautiful blend - and yes, that is supposed to be a reference to coffee, hence Brady's job.

Knit Tight is one I highly recommend! The idea of coffee and knitting makes me think of winter and the holidays, but it's definitely a book you should think about grabbing now, especially if you're stuck inside on a rainy day.

5 comments:

Lisa Mandina said...

This sounds like it would be a good romance for sure! And I'm glad that the author made you really feel like you got to know the characters, that always makes the story for me. Great review!

Lisa Mandina said...

Hey, I just saw a book on Edelweiss that sounds good, and I think it would be perfect for your blog! It is called Jess, Chunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity. I'll probably download and read it! But thought you should give it a try too!

Lola said...

I am glad to hear you enjoyed this one! I hope you get the chance to read the earlier books in this series as well and enjoy those. It;'s great when you really feel the connection between the couple. And it seems there is a nice blend of light and sweet moments and some harder topics. Great review!

Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity said...

This sounds so cute! I love it when I read a book that blends sweetness and heavier topics really well without feeling that either of them is more important than the other. And family is always something that I love to read about, especially when there's romance involved because I sometimes feel like romance is all there is in some books. So glad you liked this one, Lauren, and I hope you like the others in the series just as much!

Verushka said...

I love this cover and I love how sweet it sounds!