Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Music Choices for Barefoot in the City of Broken Dreams


Barefoot in the City of Broken Dreams by Brent Hartinger is the second book in an NA series about character Russel Middlebrook, who was first introduced in the YA book, Geography Club.

I reviewed this novel today over at Shooting Stars Mag (courtesy of Netgalley) so if you'd like to read my thoughts, please go over there.

For this blog though, I wanted to share some music picks that I felt fit the overall themes of the novel.


Pink- "Try"

This is a lyric video so you can understand the words. I figured this was an overall good song for the book - in terms of the romance and the idea of chasing your dreams. "You've gotta get up and try."


Jason Mraz- "I Won't Give Up"

I like this song for Russel and Kevin because they do go through a bit of a rough patch in the novel, but they learn to fight for each other. "I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up." Another lyric video too!


***

What do you think of these songs? Are you interested in the novel? Don't forget to visit Shooting Stars Mag to read the review!

No comments: