Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Congrats to Cara Delevingne (Paper Towns)


John Green's novel, Paper Towns, is hitting the big screen this Friday, July 24th. I'm definitely excited about it! While the book doesn't feature any LGBT + characters, I did want to commend actress Cara Delevingne for coming out as bisexual (Cara stars as Margo in the film, and she's on the movie poster above). You can read more of her statements on Us Weekly's website.

Cara discusses how she has a girlfriend and her sexuality is not a phase. She's bisexual and she's perfectly okay with that. A lot of people seem to have trouble "believing" in bisexuality, so I think it's great when people can identify as such and aren't afraid to tell other people. In general though, it's not anybody's business but Cara's and people should respect other people's personal lives.

Feel free to share your thoughts about Cara and the film below, but remember, be respectful!

-Lauren Becker

2 comments:

Lindy Gomez said...

I think it's wonderful that this actress is proud of who she is! I would be irritated If I was her, that her bisexuality is being called a "phase!"

Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

Aylee said...

:):) I haven't seen the tim yet but I'm looking forward to it. It's so great to see such a high profile celeb come out as bisexual, especially because as you say, bisexuals are often accused of lying or whatever. People need to acquaint themselves with the Kinsey Scale!