Monday, November 30, 2015

In The News: Singapore For/Against Adam Lambert

do not own image - source
I've been a huge fan of Adam Lambert since his American Idol days. I've even seen him live, though I know his act has gotten more "scandalous" if you will as the years went on. I think it's great. He's just having fun and being himself! However, Lambert is meant to be performing on New Year's Eve in Singapore but over 18,000 people have signed a petition for him to be removed from the lineup.

The Advocate shares more about the petitioners and why they dislike Lambert, but they also note that over 23,000 people have signed in support of Lambert. It looks like Singapore has more in favor than in opposition. Irregardless of these petitions, Lambert is still set to perform at the end of the year.

Obviously people have their opinions and they can make a petition against or in support of someone/something. However, I do think the right decision was made in allowing Lambert to still perform since he was already asked. They had obviously decided that Lambert was fine to perform, so I'm glad that some complaints didn't deter them from keeping with their original decision.

What do you think?

4 comments:

JezzebellJC said...

I don't really see a reason why he shouldn't perform. My Heart is a Ghost Town is one of my favorite songs! My only concern would be if he did perform and was boo'd. I hate that for entertainers when they are there to make people happy and people disrespect them that way.

Unknown said...

I think they should let him entertain their uptight asses

Lisa Mandina said...

I love Adam Lambert, since American Idol, and then on Glee. I am actually surprised they would have someone like him, and I think it is great that they did. Since they already have him scheduled, he should still perform, and those who don't like it don't have to watch it.

Verushka said...

I was surprised and pleased at the support Adam got in Singapore. And mortified that things actually came to this point. Like Lisa said, people don't have to watch -- it's funny how they forget it's that easy and instead start petitions and whatever. Grrr.