Wednesday, November 4, 2015

HavenCon: LGBTQIA Geek and Gaming Convention

source

HavenCon "is the first geek and gaming convention in Texas to focus on the LGBTQIA and Ally communities." HavenCon is April 22-24 in 2016 and you can register now!

While I do not personally live close enough to Texas to attend, I still really love this idea. I imagine it's a place where people can truly be themselves. You might think comic cons and the like are open to everyone, but that's not always the case. I've heard a lot about sexual harassment toward women at comic con because it was always such a male-oriented arena. For those that identify as LGBTQIA, I do not know what reception they get but I'm sure there are people who have had to deal with a lot of intolerance and it's not right.

HavenCon is something that should be supported, so definitely think about going if you live close enough. If not, then let people who live in Texas know (if you know of anyone or simply wish to share with your readers if you're a fellow blogger!)

1 comment:

Lola said...

I hand't heard of this con before, but I think it's nice that there is a con for LGBTQIA people now as well. I can imagine it can be nice to be around similiar people who understand.