I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Verushka from pop.edit.lit - you can read her nomination post here.
First, I'll answer the questions that Verushka asked of the people she nominated.
1. What are you reading right now and why did you pick it up?
I'm reading Overexposed by Megan Erickson as an e-book. I picked it up because I loved the first two books in the series and Erickson writes m/m romance SO WELL.
2. What is your fondest library or bookstore memory?
I don't know if I have just one! I remember visiting a local children's bookstore when I was younger and loving it. I used to volunteer with the teens before I began working in libraries, and that was fun because I got to help with all the events!
3. What is your favorite genre to read, but what trope in that genre would you be glad never to read again?
I used to read mostly contemporary, but I do love other things these days. Regardless, I'd still say my favorite is contemporary. One trope that needs to be done a LOT less is the whole "best guy friend is oh-so-secretly in love with the main character." Guys and girls can be friends, and that's it. Make it happen more!
4. What genre just doesn't do it for you?
I like to be open to things, but I'm not interested in anything Western. I don't know if I've read anything under that genre, but it never sounds at all intriguing to me.
5. Is book blogging everything you thought it would be?
Well, I didn't start out as a book blogger, so I can't really say. I think it's a fun community and I find most of the books I want to read these days by looking at other blogger's reviews.
6. Which book or movie character do you wish had a blog you could read?
I love this question! I'd take almost anyone, but I think The Joker could be really cool and I'd love to see what Luna Lovegood from the HP books would write about.
7. Do you always read the book before the movie?
No, but if it's a book I've been wanting to read, then I try and read it beforehand because I'd rather know what's going to happen instead of having it be ruined by the movie.
8. Which movie made you way more excited than the book version?
I don't know if there was one. Normally I love the book and that's why I see the movie. There are a plenty of movies I've seen that are books but I just never read them.
9. What country in the world would you like to find a quiet spot in and read a book?
I was just in London, but I didn't get a chance to just sit in one of their many parks and read. I would have loved that!
10. What is the last book that made you laugh out loud?
Oh gosh, I don't know! Sigh...I'm not at remembering these things unless it was like the last book I read, and it was not. haha
11. If you had one question to ask me, what would it be?
hmm...Would you ever think about co-blogging with someone?
Nominations and Questions:
Chiara from Books for a Delicate Eternity
Lisa from Lisa Loves Literature
Jaclyn from JC's Book Haven
Lola from Lola's Book Reviews
Karen from KissinBlueKaren
And now here are my 11 questions for these blogs to answer (or anyone - I'd love to get to know you better):
1. How do you feel about book series?
2. Do you remember the first book you ever read on your own?
3. Do you read classic books for fun?
4. How do you feel about translated novels?
5. Do you have any auto-buy authors?
6. Do you buy books as presents? And if you do, are they usually books you've read or not?
7. Do you read graphic novels?
8. What author(s) would you love to meet, dead or alive?
9. What book would you like to see made into a TV show or film?
10. If you could read more books set in a certain country or state, which one would it be and why?
11. Do you want to write a novel? Or are you happy to just read them?
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you, link it to your post and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think deserve the Liebster Award.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Write the rules in your Liebster Award blog post.
- Let the blogs know about your post and that you have nominated them.