Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Headed to BEA: Questions to Answer

source
Alright, I'm going on a brief hiatus. New posts will start going up next Monday, and I'm going to try and keep things up with at least three posts a week starting then. However, I leave for Chicago tomorrow to attend Book Expo America and I wasn't able to finish scheduling out this week for you all!

I didn't want to just end things with a hey and a goodbye, so I'm here to hopefully garner some thoughts!

1. What are you currently reading?

2. What was the last LGBT+ book you read? Or book with LGBT+ characters?

3. If you can't think of anything for No.2, then share what LGBT+ book you hope to read in the future? Granted, you can answer this even if you DO have an answer for No. 2.

My answers?

1. I'm currently reading the book The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. It's due back at the library soon, so I hope I can renew it!

2. The last LGBT+ book I read was The Heart as He Hearts It by A. M. Arthur and it was fantastic! Highly recommend; I should have a review up next week.

3. I almost always have an LGBT+ book either going or coming up soon, and I'm excited about them all! I believe my next one will probably be High Contrast by Tess Bowery.

Talk soon!

-Lauren

6 comments:

Lisa Mandina said...

I am so jealous and can't wait to hear all your BEA stuff! Hmm, let's see. The book I'm reading right now is Circle of Jinn by Lori Goldstein. Hmm. Not sure off the top of my head, I know there was one recently, but I'd have to go back, oh yeah, it was the book Becoming Us I think.

I love Stiefvater. I've got the last book in that series sitting on my shelf to be read. Hope you have a great time at BEA!

Unknown said...

Have fun in BEA!

I'm currently reading Invisible Library by Nancy Corrigan and it's Steampunk-ish fantasy.
Last LGBT is May Queen Murders. It's not exactly a LGBT romance, but I love how it was a plot driver to an extent.
I haven't really thought about it as I haven't read a lot of LGBT and when I do, it's almost always by chance.

Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity said...

Oh, how awesome that you are making it to BEA this year! It is my dream to go there one day, because I always hear such amazing things about it. I hope you have the best time!

I hope you're loving The Dream Thieves! The Raven Cycle is one of my all time favourite YA series <3

As for your questions:

1) I am not currently reading anything! I finished a book last night and haven't gotten around to picking anything new. I think I am going to read the 23rd volume of Pandora Hearts, though, because I have been looking forward to it for ages!

2) The book I finished last night was How to be Normal, which featured two trans characters. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the book, but I'll be reviewing it soon, so hopefully I can figure out my thoughts then.

3) I recently received a copy of If I Was Your Girl and I am SO excited to read it. I have heard nothing but good things so far, so that bodes well!

Lola said...

I hope you'll have an awesome time at BEA! looking forward to hear how your time there was!

For your questions:
1. I am currently reading Forever and One Week by Caroline Cairn and Artificial by Jadah McCoy
2. I think the last book with a LGBT+ character in a book would be considered a spoiler, so not listing it here as that would ruin the surprise. Except for that one I can't think of any books I read with a LBGT+ character on it.
3. not sure, I usually don't pay much attention to it Just pick up a book that sounds good or I am interested in reading.

Piecraft Bucharest said...

Have fun at BEA! I'm reading Beloved by Toni Morrison (+ 2 more), Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan was my most recent LGBT read. Not sure of what I'll read next - maybe City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin or The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

OMG, the Book Expo!!! So jealous. Hope you had a great time.