Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Free E-Book: The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic


Yeah, this doesn't have a good cover. I think it's safe to say that most people judge a book at least a tiny bit by its cover, especially if that is the first thing you see/know about a book. However, I was looking on Amazon and saw that this LGBT e-book was free, and I remembered reading a really positive review of it on Diva Booknerds. The lovely Kynndra wrote an amazing, passionate review of this book (which you can read here) and remembering that, I knew I needed to check this one out. I just grabbed this one (again, it's free!) so you'll have to wait a little bit for my own review.

I did want to share today though so you know to read Kynndra's review and think about getting this one for your own reading pleasure. It looks like there are at least two sequels, but they are only 99 cents each, so not too bad at all if you want to continue on! Go to Amazon right now and get this book! I'm curious to see what the rest of you think of this one too! If you do read this book and you would like to share your review here, do let me know! I'd be happy to post it, or at least link to your own review if you have a blog or Goodreads where you share reviews.

To end, I wanted to share the cover that Kynndra created for her own review since she disliked the cover so much and wanted something a bit nicer to grab attention:

design created by Kynndra
It's simple, but it's still so much more eye-catching than the original! So if this version makes you feel better, imagine this is the real cover. I'm sure Kynndra wouldn't mind! 

-Lauren

3 comments:

JezzebellJC said...

I like the one she made quite a bit! It's pretty great in its simplicity.

Lola said...

I'll have to check out Kynndra her review of this book. The cover wouldn't have caught my attention indeed. It's a shame when books have a not so good cover as it is the first things people see. I like the cover Kynndra has created, it's definitely more eye-cathing.

Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity said...

Ah, thank you so much for spotlighting this one! It sounds all kinds of awesome, and I have downloaded it to my Kindle already :D

It is a shame about the cover, but I think sometimes the next books are hidden behind covers that people aren't so fond of. I have to say that I really like Kynndra's version of the cover - it is absolutely gorgeous!

I hope we both like it :D