Sunday, December 27, 2015

2016 LGBTQIA Reading Challenge


I'm taking part in a variety of different challenges for 2016 over at ShootingStarsMag, which should be interesting as I've never done more than like...two challenges in a year. I hope I do well though and check out some new books and meet new bloggers. As for this blog here, I HAD to sign up for the LGBTQIA Reading Challenge hosted by Pretty Deadly Reviews.

I read a lot of LGBTQIA books already so I think this will be a fairly easy challenge to do. However, I am really excited to see what the other participants read and hopefully I can find some new titles along the way. I tend to post a lot of LGBT+ book reviews over at ShootingStarsMag because they are from Netgalley and that's the blog linked there, but I am going to try and cross-post here in 2016 after the initial post to help with the challenge and for those of you who only follow this blog. I don't want you missing out on some great LGBT+ titles!

This challenge has levels based on colors of the rainbow, and I'm going to start at:

Green: 21 to 30 books (the highest is Purple - 41-50). I'm pretty sure I can do MUCH better than Green, but I like to start out easy enough just in case. 

Are you going to sign up for this challenge? Whether you do or not, what challenges are you doing in 2016?

-Lauren

5 comments:

JezzebellJC said...

Good luck with the challenge!! I think I'll just do the Goodreads challenge this year.

Lola said...

Good luck with the challenge! I signed-up for 4 year long challenge and some monthly challenges. I always set my goals a bit on the low side, so I don't stress too much.

Liz. R said...

Good luck, though I'm sure you don't need it! I'm going to do the Goodreads challenge again this year but I think I'll find it a bit harder since I'm going to be lot busier. Will give it a go though!

Unknown said...

I'm new to the genre, I'll try to get some in next year. I've been broken in real good so I think I can handle more ;)

SweetMarie83 said...

I've signed up for this challenge, too. I read quite a few LGBTQ books last year, but I'm hoping to read even more this year. Like you, I'm hoping to discover some new ones from other challenge participants. Good luck!

~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer