Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Rainbow Roundup: I Stand With Transgender Americans


I'm really saddened about the news that the U.S. government has banned transgender men and women from joining the military. This is wrong - it's highly un-American in my opinion - and I'm so sorry to everyone that identifies as transgender. I don't care if you wanted to join the military or not, if you are transgender, this is a horrible knock to your rights. I really want to do a post - or more - about this decisions. Whether you are transgender or not, American or not, please let me know if you want to share your thoughts. It doesn't have to be terribly long!

Now, on a lighter note...some LGBT+ posts around the blogosphere:

Ivy Book Bindings reviewed The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (YA, bisexual MC, historical fiction)

Novel Ink has a a post about her favorite books that feature f/f romances in honor of Pride Month - which was in June

My So-Called Chaos has a lovely post about Rainbow Outfits for Pride Month this past June

Books for a Delicate Eternity reviewed The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (YA, bisexual MC, historical fiction)

Diva Booknerd reviewed They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera (mix of contemporary/science fiction, YA, bisexual MC)

Books for a Delicate Eternity reviewed The Art of Starving by Sam J. Miller (YA, gay MC)

Boricuan Bookworms reviewed Pounding Skin by L.A. Witt (Adult, Gay and Bi MC's)


6 comments:

Joy said...

Ugh. What a fucking joke this administration continues to be. And why the heck is the impeachment taking so long?!

Kit @ Metaphors and Moonlight said...

I agree, this ban is ridiculous, and it's sad that our country is taking so many steps backwards now.

Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity said...

I felt sick to my stomach with the news that came out of the US yesterday. Like you said, even if joining the military wasn't something a trans person wanted to do it's still such an awful message to send to them. I am still horrified that Donald Trump made it to presidency and can only hope that come next election people make a better decision.

As for these posts around the blogosphere - thank you for linking me! I love seeing more love for LGBTQIAP+ fiction around the place, it makes me happy :)

Verushka said...

He's a raging nutjob IMO and dangerous to boot. He just genuinely has no regard for anyone that isn't white, male and rich. UGH.

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

It is so horrible! I can't even stand it.

Lola said...

I hadn't heard that ban actually went through :(. I am sorry to hear that. I might check out some of the posts you linked to, thanks.