Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday: We Are Okay by Nina Lecour


Tressa from Wishful Endings has created her own version of Waiting on Wednesday, since the host hasn't posted a link-up in months. Therefore, I thought I'd start doing Can't Wait Wednesday to share some LGBT+ books that I'm looking forward to in the future.


We Are Okay by Nina Lecour

Due Out: February 14

Add on Goodreads

Official Summary: Marin hasn’t spoken to anyone from her old life since the day she left everything behind. No one knows the truth about those final weeks. Not even her best friend Mabel. But even thousands of miles away from the California coast, at college in New York, Marin still feels the pull of the life and tragedy she’s tried to outrun. Now, months later, alone in an emptied dorm for winter break, Marin waits. Mabel is coming to visit and Marin will be forced to face everything that’s been left unsaid and finally confront the loneliness that has made a home in her heart.

I haven't read anything by Nina Lecour but I've been meaning too. I'm really curious about We Are Okay and I hope it's a good read. I just love the cover though too. It's simple enough, but it stands out well.

What do you think? Do you want to read? 

6 comments:

Verushka said...

that's a hopeful title for a heartbreaking blurb. I do like the artwork on it, though, it's odd right? She's camping? I wonder how it all ties together?

Unknown said...

Curious blurb & the WoW host sure made an iconic meme even if she hasn't posted a linky in ages! Now that's influence

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

It sounds like a very emotional read. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks so much for linking up!! :)

Tressa @ Wishful Endings

Lisa Mandina said...

I just saw this the other day myself! It sounds like a good one. Great pick! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post earlier!

Lola said...

The blurb does sound intriguing and it makes me wonder what happened. And I like the cover as well, simple, but it does stand out.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I literally stayed up super late reading this because A- I couldn't put it down, and B- I knew it was going to make me cry and I didn't want to finish it while at work and have people wonder what the hell was the matter with me.

It's just a great book. And yes it made me cry, but I cry easily.