Thursday, December 29, 2016

Holiday Novellas: Traditions, Simple After All, The Stockings Were Hung

I know Christmas has passed, but that doesn't mean you can't still read holiday themed reads! I'm back with a few more novella reviews!



Traditions by Ann Anderson

Review by Lauren

source: copy from publisher - all opinions are my own

Buy on Amazon (amazon associates link)

Official Summary: Visit Goodreads

Review: Traditions was a cute read, but it was definitely a predictable one. Mark and James have been dating for years, but after being overwhelmed during Christmas at Jame's parent's house, Mark hasn't been since their first year. This year, he surprises James by attending the big celebration. It's obviously a sweet gesture on Mark's part and you could tell the two made a good couple. They could easily read each other. Like I said, the overall story is pretty easy to guess, but I still won't ruin it for you if you want to read.

Simple After All by Yolande Kleinn

Review by Lauren

source: copy from publisher - all opinions are my own

Buy on Amazon (amazon associates link)

Official Summary: Visit Goodreads

Review: This is one of the longer novellas and I really loved it. It's about Noah, a fairly grumpy man, who attends his family's huge Christmas gathering every year because he loves them. His sister often brings along a friend every year, and this time, she brings along Riley. Despite Noah's outward nature, Riley believes there is more to the man than meets the eye and slowly they start to get to know each other over the holiday week. It's a relatively quick romance, but I really did love these two together. It's the whole "opposites attract" idea and it works!

The Stockings Were Hung by Cassie Sweet

Review by Lauren

source: copy from publisher- all opinions are my own

Buy on Amazon (amazon associates link) 

Official Summary: Visit Goodreads

Review: This was a nice read, but I have to say that the reasoning for Drew moving away, and subsequently breaking Hill's heart, just didn't work for me. I think he should have talked to Hill about things and be more honest. Regardless, second chance romances are a guilty pleasure of mine, if you will, so it was nice to see the two start to open up a bit. It ended in a good spot too, I thought. Nothing too unrealistic. All in all, a good story.

1 comment:

Lisa Mandina said...

Sounds like the first two were pretty good, and the last one was not hard to read, but you had issues with it. I think the second one sounds like a story I would enjoy. Thanks for your reviews!